Lip Fillers Singapore
Lip fillers have become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to enhance the appearance of thin or uneven lips. But what exactly are lip fillers and how do they work? Here is everything you need to know about lip fillers as a patient.
What are lip fillers?
Lip fillers refer to an injectable treatment that adds volume and shape to the lips. Fillers are usually made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to plump and hydrate the skin.
Lip fillers can be used to add fullness to the lips, define the lip borders, and smooth out wrinkles around the mouth.
Korean Cherry Lips or Russian Lips? Which is right for me?
During the consultation, your doctor will examine your face shape and discuss with you which type of lips will best suit you and how the treatment will be done.
How are lip fillers done?
Lip fillers are injected into the lips using a thin needle. The substance is then evenly distributed throughout the lips to create the desired result. The procedure typically takes around 15 to 30 minutes and the results are immediate.
The effects of lip fillers can last for up to twelve months, depending on the specific product used and the individual’s skin type.
Are lip fillers safe?
Lip fillers are generally considered safe when performed by a trained and qualified medical professional. However, as with any medical procedure, there are risks involved. These can include swelling, bruising, and infection. It is important to choose a reputable practitioner and to follow their aftercare instructions carefully to minimise the risk of complications.
What are the different types of lip fillers?
There are many different brands and types of lip fillers available on the market. Some of the most popular brands include Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero. Each brand offers a range of different products with varying levels of thickness and duration of effect. Your practitioner will be able to recommend the best product for your individual needs.
Dr Edwin prefers to use Restylane Kysse for Lip Fillers.
What should I consider before getting lip fillers
Before getting lip fillers, it is important to consider the following:
- Your medical history: If you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking any medications, it is important to let your practitioner know. Some medical conditions and medications may increase the risk of complications.
- Your expectations: It is important to have realistic expectations about the results of lip fillers. Your practitioner will be able to advise you on what is achievable and help you to set realistic goals.
- The procedure: Make sure you understand the procedure, including how long it takes, the aftercare instructions, and any potential risks or side effects.
Lip fillers can be a great way to enhance your appearance and boost your self-confidence, but it’s important to be fully informed and prepared before proceeding with the treatment.
Lip Filler Treatment Experience
- Consultation: Before starting the treatment, you’ll have a consultation with a qualified medical professional, to discuss your goals and expectations for the procedure, as well as your medical history and any allergies you may have. The medical professional will also assess the shape and structure of your lips to determine the best treatment plan for you.
- Preparation: Before your treatment, you’ll need to prepare your lips. This may include avoiding certain medications or supplements, such as ibuprofen and anticoagulants, which can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising. You should also avoid wearing makeup or skincare products on your lips on the day of the treatment.
- Procedure: Lip filler treatments are typically performed in the clinic, and take about 30 minutes to complete. The medical professional will start by cleaning your lips and applying a numbing cream to minimize any discomfort. Then, they will inject the filler into specific areas of your lips using either a fine needle or cannula. The filler is usually made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body, and is injected using a small needle.
- Recovery: After the treatment, you may experience some swelling and bruising, which should resolve within a few days. You may also feel some tenderness or discomfort, which can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. It’s important to follow the aftercare instructions provided by your doctor.
- Results: Lip fillers can give you immediate results, but it may take a few days for the swelling to subside and for the final result to be visible. The results of lip fillers can last for around 12 months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s metabolism.